MDNA Convention Blog Spot, 13 Insider Tips For DISNEY WORLD
- Get the My Disney Experience App Here you can link all of your reservations together to create an itinerary. Once you have a hotel reservation and park tickets you can book dining and FastPasses through the app. You can also connect with friends!
2. Fastpasses are the best way to avoid long lineups. For the more popular attractions this is the best way to go. There is no additional fee but there are a limited number of Fastpasses available per day so be sure to book them as soon as possible. These give you a particular time to arrive at an attraction and go into a special line that is significantly shorter than the regular stand by option. Fastpasses can be modified via the app or at kiosks around the park. Fastpasses can be booked 60 days before your arrival date.
3. Some of the attractions that tend to have the longest wait are:
- Seven dwarfs mine train (Magic Kingdom)
- Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
- Peter Pan’s Flight (Magic Kingdom)
- Soarin’ (Epcot)
- Test Track (Epcot)
- Frozen (Epcot)
- Toy Story Mania (Hollywood Studios)
- Expedition Everest (Animal Kingdom)
4. Each day 1 of the four parks opens early or remains open later exclusively for resort guests. Take advantage of this! Parks are a lot less busy during these times.
5. Character dining is very popular. If you have little ones that want to meet the characters this is the best way to do it. There is a character breakfast at Cape May Café which is walking distance from our hotel.
6. Disney World has a lot of great restaurants for big kids too. Here are some of our favorites within walking distance from the hotel:
- Flying Fish (Boardwalk Resort)
- Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club Resort)
- Todd English Bluezoo (Swan and Dolphin Resort)
- Il Mulions (Swan and Dolphin Resort)
- Beaches and Cream (Beach Club Resort, Try the kitchen sink!)
7. Some of our other favorite restaurants are:
- Tiffins (Animal Kingdom)
- Tutto Gusto (Italy pavilion in Epcot-a hidden gem, walk-ins only)
- Teppan Edo (Japan pavilion in Epcot-great for kids!)
- Morimoto (Disney Springs)
8. Dining reservations can be booked 180 days before your arrival (so any time now!)
9. Parking is free at all of the parks for resort guests
10. Once you book your flights you can book the Magical Express. This is a free bus directly from the airport to the hotel. They even take care of your luggage so you don’t have to wait for it!
11. There is a boat to Epcot and Hollywood Studios from the hotel. There is also a path to walk. Free buses are provided from the hotel to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom and Disney Springs.
12. Refillable mugs are available at the bakery on the Boardwalk and can be used for free refills for the duration of your stay.
13. Boardwalk is also home to the dueling piano bar Jelly Rolls. This bar is for guests over 21 and is a fun night out!